Honoring exceptional design in flooring and architecture.
rules & information
March 1 – May 31, 2013
PrizesCash prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Grand Prize winner, $2000.00
- 2nd Place winner, $1000.00
- 3rd Place winner, $500.00
Both winners and honorable mention recipients will receive recognition via the industry press and social media.
The entries may include concepts and finished projects from commercial spaces including corporate, healthcare, education, hospitality, retail, and multi-family housing.
- Concepts include designs in the development stage which have not been completed.
- Installations include projects that have been completed.
- The concept and finished projects must include Centiva flooring products.
- The submitting firm must be US-based.
- All Concepts and Installations entered must fall within the dates of June 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013.
- Entries will be judged based on the creative use of flooring and how it affects the overall design of the space.
- Winners will be selected by three judges independent from Centiva.
- Entrants may be a team or an individual. All entries must be original work.
- Each entry must be submitted online with an entry form and a minimum of 3 high resolution digital images of the project. Photos should show the integration of the flooring within the space. Professional photography is not required but is recommended. Photos must be 300dpi and no smaller than 5×7. Please save in JPG format with a maximum file size of 2MB per image.
- One entry per entry form. Multiple entries are accepted.
- Entries must be received by May 31, 2013. By submitting an entry, the entrant gives Centiva the right to use the photos and project information for the contest promotion and marketing in the press and social media.
Fiona Grandowski is Director of Interior Architecture and Senior Associate at Collins Cooper Carusi Architects. She brings an extensive knowledge of interior architecture and architectural technology to the built environment of design. Her ability to integrate social dynamics that emphasize architectural form, client function and user comfort is one of her primary strengths. Her continual study and discovery of how generations absorb, process and share information provides Fiona with a unique vision of a client’s pedagogy and philosophy, which she blends with architectural form, innovative technology and progressive furnishings. Fiona’s abilities and talents are reflected in her distinctive designs that range from early childhood development centers and K-12 schools, teen recreation centers, collegiate dining, recreation, and housing projects.
Fiona is a licensed architect, registered interior designer and a LEED® accredited professional through the United States Green Building Council. She is also a member of the American Institute of Architects, and past president of the Georgia Chapter of the International Interior Design Association.
Lori Kolthoff is the Creative Managing Director at FRCH Design Worldwide and is an expert in Resource Design. She works on various projects that include large to small scale retail projects while controlling desired aesthetics, function, durability, budget, and a technical expertise. Her expertise is both valued and applauded along with her enthusiastic approach to her work and creative problem solving capabilities.
Educated at the University of Cincinnati, Lori holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Design, with 30 years’ experience and is a registered Interior Designer. Select client experience includes: American Girl, Aveda, Busch Entertainment, Walt Disney, Macy’s, Harley-Davidson, Liverpool Department Store, Sunglass Hut, Gaylord Entertainment’s Opry Originals and Hershey.
Jennifer K. Kenson
Jennifer Kenson is a Senior Interior Designer with Francis Cauffman. She has been creating successful healthcare environments for over 17 years, and is committed to delivering designs that bring a sense of humanity back to patients during the healing process. Jennifer involves all parties that will use a space during the design process. She listens and gathers information from all team members to understand the goals for a design, ensuring a successful project. She has strong design sensibilities not only in healthcare planning and interior architecture, but with interior finishes. By combining these strengths with a dedication to getting the details right, Jennifer produces projects that create an experience for the patients and staff that is uplifting and hopeful.
Jennifer holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Interior Design from Drexel University. She is a member of the International Interior Design Association and is EDAC certified.